Thursday 23 July 2015

Long time no post

Well things have been ticking along in the background, just not on this blog. It has still been a very busy time for me in regard to building and flying, and things seem to be coming a little closer. After the first start of the engine I realized it wasn't that far away before I would finish the plane really, so I had to get into gear regarding all the other things I have been putting off.

On the Agenda firstly was a RPL and controlled airspace endorsement.



This proved to be a lot harder than I had initially anticipated. I have been doing my RPL conversion training with Kelmac Aviation in Geraldton and can't rate them high enough.
The training has been A1. Jandakot operations have been a real eye opener for me and I look forward to the challenges ahead.  I still have yet to finalize a few things however the majority of the work is done. In doing all this I can travel down the path of registering the plane in the VH category... Something I have had my heart set on from the beginning, but was just unsure if I was able to accomplish. My biggest hurdle to date has been the MPC maintenance course that is required to be completed before finalization. Thankfully the SAAA have helped me out and this seems to be coming to a positive outcome as well. All the stars are aligning as they say.  


Just on another non build related topic, the guys have been doing a fair amount of formation work in Geraldton lately. I just can't wait until I can get the Sonex all sorted and be part of the team :)



No comments:

Post a Comment