Sunday 21 June 2015

First engine start up.


So here it is...... The first start up.  Those mag switches really make a huge difference when they are switched on.  The secondary ignition sounds too far advanced I think as well. I had just done a rough setting during the engine build. I actually have it set to the normal setting for the aerovee and plan to change it, however I figured that just running it up wouldn't be an issue. I am waiting also to see what the factory releases in terms of information or if it will stick to the 10 btdc setting that is in the manual. Either way I can reset the timing when closer to final tuning and test flying. Just as a guess the tuning can't be too far off anyway. I had it pretty well ok when I removed it from the Aeropup and it seemed to run ok on first start up so it will probably just need a minor adjustment or so.
 I did notice the engine had a fair bit of vibration to it on this run. I expect that it is the prop as I have never flown with this prop and it has sat on the shelf for around 4 yrs. It could just be way out of balance. I can't wait till the correct prop arrives and I can fit that permanently. 



No comments:

Post a Comment