Tuesday 16 June 2015

Seat belts and cargo bay

I have made a first attempt at a cargo bay. On my last Aircraft I was up to, I think, prototype 3 before I was happy. I think this one will be ok, but I could change my mind later. I have decided not to go all the way to the floor as I like to be able to easily see the elevator push rod tube and spring assy. If I had made the bay lower, chances are I would have to enclose this area so the cargo wouldn't interfere with the elevator flight control. I was also worried about boxing in this tube for the reason that if cargo dislodged and somehow damaged the protection box mid flight, it would end up a real spoilt day.   I am going to have to sort out some side panels for the cargo bay no doubt, then black lightweight carpet over the top to finish it off. I like to have the cargo bay slope towards the seat too so that anything in there will tend to move forward so as to have less effect on the C of G.





The seat belts attached with no problems. I up drilled the tabs to suit the AN-5 bolts and bolted them in. 

After I had done all this work I realised also that anything metallic in the cargo bay would possibly affect the compass module. When I initially mounted the module I figured it would be right out of the way in this spot. I had planned on a deeper cargo bay. I will move it later if it becomes a problem but I have to hope that perhaps it will be better here than under the floor with the control rods and mechanisms all so close. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment