Wednesday 3 June 2015

Throttle positition


I have been looking at the install notes regarding the throttle quadrant and been confused as to why Sonex recommends fitting it on the vertical spar behind where it is in this pic. As it sits there it is held in by a cleco for the dash corner bracket. Personally I like it there as I can rest my hand on the dash and the throttle at the same time for small adjustments. I will leave it a little longer before I get serious and drill anything. I am trying not to be hasty in regard to final placement of critical components 



Will have to have a few more coffees and think on it...




On a side note, I finally took my first passenger in my Aeropup the other day. Climb rate was ok and  it flew fine.. I could certainly feel the extra weight. I usually wheel the sucker on 90% of the time but it seemed with the extra weight a 3 point landing was the go. All in all I am very happy with the plane now I have sorted out the camshaft issue. Just thinking about the wrong cam being in it for all that time makes me quite angry but at least I got to the bottom of it and now have a serviceable plane. 




Not breaking any speed records but temps good and running really well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment